Tuesday, November 30, 2010

It is Finished

Woo hoo! We made it through NaBloPoMo. (Is the internet going to fall silent tomorrow?) Maybe now that I'm done posting daily, I'll have time to catch up on all the blog reading I haven't be able to keep up with.

To answer a couple of simple reader questions:

1) If I had to pick games or puzzles and say which I think is better for children, I guess I'd say games? I do think puzzles are really beneficial and probably help strengthen spacial awareness, but there is a much broader skill set that can be address through game playing. BUT thank goodness I don't have to actually choose between the two because I could not do it. Incidentally, the sitcom Better With You had "competitive puzzling" on last week's episode and the concept was really funny. I will not be introducing the idea to Harper, ahem.

2) Best non-annoying children's holiday CD? Well my hands-down favorite is John Denver and the Muppets. If you don't like the Muppets I probably can't help you! Oh, I think Raffi's Christmas album is nice, I almost forgot that one. I can take or leave most of the Kidz Bop type stuff, but others may have more recommendations - add yours in the comments!

Some of the bigger questions will have to wait!

Three days left to enter the Christmas music giveaway... if you want a kid-centric CD, that's what I'll make you!

No comments: