Monday, November 07, 2016

Typing With My Eyes Closed

It's not falling asleep at the wheel, thankfully, but I am about ready to fall asleep on my keyboard. I actually did close my eyes once or twice while trying to reach my word count goal for NaNoWriMo. We had a party on Saturday and I didn't have much writing time so I had to pull double-duty yesterday and I did. I'm still on track to finish my 50,000 words by the end of the month.

So NaNoWriMo has been a challenging goal and I keep surprising myself with my ability to keep putting words into a document. But here are some things that are suffering so I can spend more time typing:

1. My Fitbit step count. I need to learn to type and walk at the same time.

2. Reading. Apparently I have a word quota for the day and if I'm creating them, I feel less of a need to consume them. No, scratch that, it isn't that I don't want to read, it's that I can't seem to stay awake.

3. Sending thank you notes and birthday cards. I'm never on time with that sort of thing any longer, but this month will be worse than usual.

There you have it - I'm hanging in there. And now I do need to get some sleep because I have a feeling tomorrow will be a pretty interesting day.

No comments: