Tuesday, November 15, 2016

This is 40

I know not everyone is a fan of having their birthday on Facebook. And I'm not always great about wishing people happy birthday on Facebook. But today I enjoyed reading greetings from relatives and friends old and new.

This morning a good friend of mine showed up before school started with breakfast for me.

Several students went out of their way to stop by in the library and wish me a happy birthday.

I came home to balloons (40 of them!) and a 6-pack of Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ale from other family friends. (The ale was delicious, by the way.)

We dropped Harper off at dance and I got to go to dinner with Michael and Matt.

I took a tap class.

Finally I spent some time with my National Novel Writing Month novel and I'm actually on track to hit the 50,000 world goal for the month - I surpassed 25,000 words today. I'm really flying by the seat of my pants, but I'm doing it.

Not a bad start to the next decade, if I do say so myself.

No comments: