Wednesday, November 16, 2011

There are Worse Things

When I got home from subbing yesterday there was a notice on our door that a crew was going to start working on a nearby water main this morning. From 8 a.m. until sometime after 1 p.m. we had no water at all. Now the water is back on but we can't use it for cooking, drinking, or oral hygiene. We might not be able to use it without boiling until FRIDAY. Blerg. Not the end of the world, I know, but kind of a pain in the butt nonetheless.

*****
I woke up this morning with the left side of my neck all knotted up - whenever I change the angle of my head or move my jaw or reach for anything with my left arm/hand, the pain just radiates through my neck and left shoulder. This is not fun. Advil is only providing very mild relief. I am pretty sure I just slept on it wrong, what was I doing in my sleep? What do you think the chances are that I'll wake up tomorrow and it will be all better?

*****

Remember when I worked full time that spring semester? Back in 2010? How did that work? I've subbed two half days in a row and I am wiped out. Guess it is good that I didn't get a job this year.

*****

Tonight I am grateful for clean running water (when we have it, 99% of the time), for all the days I wake up without being in excruciating pain, and the fact that I'm not working full time right now.

You?

1 comment:

CARRIE said...

I'm thankful for clean water, too, and for having my freelance gig that allows me to write from home, and for my knee feeling tremendously better after I did something wonky to it at my fitness class.