Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Nuggets

Our Elf on the Shelf is back!

The other morning Harper said to me, in reference to our elf, "Mom, I don't believe in most magic, but I really believe in Snowy!"

It was a shot right to the heart - I can practically hear the clocking ticking as these days of belief and wonder trickle away and I am going to treasure every last moment of them.

*****

Michael told me excitedly about how he had leaned over to pick something up, while on one foot, without falling (oh, my balance-challenged boy!). He was so proud as he exclaimed, "I did not even lose my balance beam!"

*****

We had to eat dinner without Matt tonight and, in a last minute fit of inspiration, we decided to eat by candlelight, with Christmas music playing. The kids loved it! Part way through dinner Harper noticed snow in the headlight beams of the cards driving by. The first snow, and a very little bit of it was sticking to the lawn. Harper and Michael were so excited they kept getting out of their chairs to look out the kitchen window. It was annoying - I'm generally a fan of everyone staying in their seats for dinner - but very sweet at the same time.

Ah Winter, I think we are ready for you. Please come and leave again by March.

No comments: