Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Strange Conversation

Eight more days until my big project is finished!

Eight more days until the beginning of NaBloPoMo.

But I am interrupting my self-imposed internet semi-ban to bring you this story:

Harper and I were driving out to campus today to drop something off with my adviser. She was talking and telling me stories for the entire drive.

First she started talking about going to a pillow class tomorrow and how she had to practice for her lesson.

Then she started talking about going to visit God. God's house, apparently, is far, far away in the woods. God has two puppies and some babies. God has a sandbox just like Harper's. God is also a girl and apparently Harper's friend. Harper said she can take food from God's daddy but not God's mommy, because God's mommy's food has peanuts in it. If God's mommy tries to give Harper food, she will just say no thank you. I am supposed to drop Harper off at God's house and they will drive her home when she and God are finished playing.

Just as she was starting to creep me out a little with all the talk about visiting God, (Not because I think God is creepy, but because I worried that Harper knew something I didn't.) she told me that God actually has lots of babies and that she gets them at the store.

I asked if she meant baby dolls. And that's when Harper said:

"No mom, real babies. They are called bubble babies and grass and baby trees come out of their butts."

Cue hysterical laughter from the backseat.

"Isn't that funny Mom?"

Oh dear, I now think that our child might be the bad influence at the preschool snack table.

I guess it is probably time to stop sprinkling LSD on her breakfast cereal.

In other news, tonight we pulled out the first footie pajamas of the season!




Harper hopes your tootsies are toasty tonight!

1 comment:

Swistle said...

Oh, this is such a funny age!