Friday, June 02, 2006

Catching Up

I don't have any particularly wild or humorous stories from our family Memorial Day/weekend gathering. I still wanted to post some of the pictures. Some of which Harper was more interested in than others.

Here she is with Aunt Meaghan and Daddy. I don't think she was as sad as she looks. She just wanted to get down and run around with that little cow bell which she had snagged off one of Nana's antiques.


One of the great things about the get together was having so many family members in one place. We got to see Bill, Marsha, and the girls before they move to Philadelphia. Aunt Meaghan was still in town. Aunt Patty and Uncle Lou came up from Cincinnati, as did Aunt Kathy, Uncle Dave, and Matt's grandmother. We still can't figure out how to differentiate Matt's Nana from his mother, who is Harper's Nana. We've toyed with Great Nana, but Matt likes saying, "Nana Nana." Which then reminds everyone of Little Caesars -- Pizza! Pizza!

Uncle Joe, who is godfather to both Matt and Harper, also blessed us with his presence for the day. I don't think he'd seen Harper since her first birthday. They both enjoyed the reunion.

Nana makes a wonderful cheesecake, which Harper thoroughly enjoys. She also managed to pinch a few bites of brownie here and there. The most exciting dessert gets for her around here is Kroger Vanilla Wafers, so Nana's desserts were thrilling.


It was also just great to have a long weekend, no basketball for Matt, and lots of family time. It was both productive and relaxing. I think there should be a long weekend like that once a month. Maybe I'll start a petition.

2 comments:

Erin said...

Forget once a month, I think EVERY weekend should be a three-day weekend. I have developed an entire economic and political argument which I fully intend on posing to the next Administration's Secretary of Labor. Surprised, aren't you?

Anonymous said...

I'd just like to say that I love Harper's dress. It has a cute ladybug on it!

Glad you had such a great weekend!

-Christine