Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Where Have You Been?

Or where have we been? I know I've been M.I.A. for over a week. We were fortunate enough to spend lots of time with Aunt Meaghan, who was visiting from D.C. I was also in need of a little break as we processed some of the big discoveries of the last few days. No, I'm not pregnant!

This is one of the roses in the gorgeous bouquet Matt brought me to celebrate the fact that I got a scholarship for grad school. We were of course excited by this news, but it also means that I have to commit to going to school full-time. As of June 12, I will be a full-time student at Wright State University. I don't mean to be disloyal to UD, but only Wright State has the program I was interested in. I will be a Raider for the next 1 1/2 to 2 years. (Don't worry girls, I'll still cheer for the Flyers!)

I know that getting my master's degree will be good for our family in the long run, and probably good for me as a person, but it will also be difficult. For five weeks I will have both a Monday and a Wednesday class that go from nine a.m. to five p.m. I have just one question. . . How am I supposed to sit still that long?!

It will be a long road for all of us. Nana and Dziatku, who will be our primary babysitters. Harper, who will have to get used to a little less Mommy time. Matt, who I may not see very often for the next two years. And not only will I have to attend classes and do HOMEWORK, I'm also going to have to significantly curb my evening television habit. Oh, the hardship of it all!

My goal is to keep updating here at least once a week, so stay tuned!

2 comments:

Erin said...

Congratulations, Kels!! I'm excited for you to be going back to school and I know you'll figure out how to squeeze it all in. And you'll do it all with grace and in spectacular fashion. I have complete confidence in you!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on going back to grad school and a scholarship?! Damn, you're good!
-Moira