Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Breaking Down Walls

The title of today's post is in reference to an odd obsession my college roommates and I had with one Shania Twain. Man, she really broke ground when she started recording hits that registered on the pop and country charts. Let's take a moment in honor of this fine woman. . .

Apparently Harper has been channeling Shania in recent days. In case you don't recall, I'll take this opportunity to mention that Shania was the Queen of the Bare Midriff in the late 90's. Incidentally, this broke down another wall in country music. Can you even remember back to a time when showing one's belly button was considered scandalous?

Anyway, when I got Harper up last Monday, I found she'd been in her crib trying out some new fashions with her pajama top. She is a toddler living on the edge!




We've been in touch with Jessica Simpson's people about a clothing line for the under-three set. We'll see what kind of offer they make. I'm not sure I'm ready for Harper to go all Mary Kate and Ashley just yet!

2 comments:

Erin said...

I am bursting with pride for your little girl. Clearly, she is destined to be a Flyer and will someday eat ice cream for dinner, run the bases, cheat in a case race, create new and absurd ways to walk up Stuart Hill, and host a middle-of-the-night radio show where she can bare her midriff in studio and play all the Shania her heart desires.

Anonymous said...

This is the BEST post EVER.