Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Hungry?

Last Saturday Harper and I were just chillin' in the living room, hangin' in our pajamas, playin' with the zoo animals. . . It was a lovely, lazy Saturday morning. As I have mentioned before, Harper has a hard time staying in one place if she's not firmly planted in front of Elmo on TV. So while we were playing, Harper would occasionally get up and take a lap through the dining room and kitchen and giggle as she ran back to me. All stairs were blocked off, doors were closed, and I can hear it if she tries to get in the cabinets, so I would let her run her little laps, knowing she would come back to me safe and sound.

After one of these laps, Harper came trotting back into the living room chewing something. Now I will not claim to have clean floors, but there's nothing large enough on the floor to pick up and chew! I wondered if she'd gotten into Rebound's food again, a problem I thought we'd conquered, but that wasn't it. She had pasta in her mouth. Pasta? Yes, she was chewing away, happy as a lark. I, on the other hand was very confused.

"Harper, show Mommy where you got the food," I said.

Harper promptly marched back into the kitchen, raised the lid on the garbage can, and reached in for another handful of the week-old, pasta casserole I had thrown out earlier that morning.



EEEEEWWWWW!!!!!

This, from the girl who routinely refuses to eat anything except bananas and graham crackers. Would green beans (which she used to eat by the pound) be more appealing if I placed them at the top of the trash can?

3 comments:

Erin said...

That's one of those times when you tell yourself "what doesn't kill them makes them tougher..." Every child has to eat out of the can at some point growing up. I think it's actually one of the milestones.

Giselle said...

Lovely. Children have such discriminating taste buds.

I think my grossest moment with Andrew was about a year ago when he came out of the McDonald's play tube eating something. I kind of get chills thinking about what he could've found in there.

Anonymous said...

Kelsey,
You did a great job telling this story ... as I read on, I was so curious to find out what exactly Harper had gotten into!
ps: As I write this, I notice that the wrapper in the trash can says "cheese". Obviously. I love you!