Monday, November 24, 2008

Harper-isms

Here are some of the things that are making me laugh lately:

Things were suspiciously quiet earlier today. I called Harper into the room where I was feeding Michael and asked her what she was doing. She said, "Don't worry Mom, I'm not doing anything naughty!"

Auntie M gave us some extra Christmas decorations last year, including a very durable nativity set and some small Santas. Harper has the pieces on her bookshelf. She is having trouble remembering the word nativity so she'll say she is playing with her Jesus stuff, or her church stuff, or her activity set. One of the Santas opens on a hinge at the waist. Today she showed me that one of the nativity set sheep fits inside the Santa. Then she said, "That Santa has a bad case of goats in the belly!"

I can't remember if I've shared these already, but Harper still has a few words that she reliably mispronounces. One is "flavor," she says, "flavorite." As in, "I really like the flavorite of this lollipop!"

She also misses "usually," and says, "lusually." As in, "I lusually like to eat crackers in the morning." It is pronounced exactly the same as usually with an l-sound added to the beginning. We try to get her to say it as often as possible.

4 comments:

Mommy Daisy said...

I love the things that Zachariah pronounces wrong too. But when he stops saying it that way, it seems sad. He says "anosser" for another, that I think is so cute.

Jill said...

that's awesome. i'm taking a lot of ideas from your blog as to how to form my posts for kj in the future.

Swistle said...

I love the Santa diagnosis!

Pam said...

Your girl is hilarious and I love hearing her take on life.
Tonight Jack popped his balloon and said "oh, I popped my bwooon!" I could hear kids talk like that all day, it's so cute.
Thanks for the message about my new book - I'm excited about reading it.