Saturday, November 25, 2006

Deck the Halls

I'm so busy decorating the Christmas tree that I am about to miss the deadline again.

Here are some things Harper said today:

"Oh wow!" On several occasions, including seeing the Christmas tree in three pieces on the floor.

Once the tree had lights on it she told me it was, "So cool Mommy." Seriously, she said that.

At dinner her broccoli, according to Harper, was, "Nice and warm, not too hot."

She also commented, "Dat's good!" about her dinner, which is a nice change from telling us to take things away.

Finally, when dancing to Christmas tunes in the kitchen, Matt told me to shake my booty. I did. Then Harper said, "Good job Mommy!"

2 comments:

Erin said...

I love the Harper quotes. Too cute. I can't wait to play hide and seek when you guys visit. I don't think I've laughed that hard all year. Dang, she's pretty funny.

Nice job with the Christmas decorating. I think we're going to stick with stockings & nativity scene this year, nothing more. I know, we're terrible. But to make up for it, we'll listen to waaaay too much John Denver and the Muppets Christmas album.

Anonymous said...

I loooooove John Denver and the Muppets Christmas album! Such great memories of decorating the tree listening to that record. And now we have the CD, thank goodness. Thanks for the reminder Erin.

Kelsey, I love the "Good job Mommy" quote. Sean and I once had the 3 year old of our very Italian friend tell us how to twirl our spaghetti around our fork. We did, and got a very nice "Great job!" from her, which made us almost choke on our food from laughing. It's amazing how kids repeat what they hear all the time!

-Christine