Thursday, January 19, 2006

Pleasant Surprises

A couple of very nice things happened today. After the complaining of this morning, I thought you deserved to hear the nice parts of our day as well.

Nice thing #1: I did end up taking Harper out to the fabric store, on my time, not hers, and she was very sleepy on the way home. She ate lunch and went straight down for her nap. I got through the entire hour of tutoring this afternoon without having to go in and lay her back down once!

Nice thing #2: My friend Giselle was reading the post from this morning and called to give me a little mommy time on the phone. It really is wonderful to talk to another person who knows the frustrations of living with a toddler, pre-verbal or otherwise, who can both laugh and commiserate. Plus, I hadn't actually spoken with Giselle in a long time, so that was a very good surprise.

Nice thing #3: I have actually had some comments, which I find very exciting. One of them was from someone I don't even know! I'm not sure how one would just stumble across this blog. I know it can be done (obviously), but I always kind of envisioned it just being read by our friends and relatives. I don't mind if other people read it, I just didn't think it would be very interesting! (Maybe it wasn't and she won't be back. . . ) Keep the comments coming!

Note to Jennifer, the commenter I don't know, if you read this again: I actually live right outside of Dayton! If you want to leave your e-mail address here, I'd love to connect with you. Moms can always use other moms for support!

Even though I spend many days alone in the house with Harper, it's sort of nice to know that there are friends out there reading and thinking about us. We are not alone!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to admit, I am just catching up on the blog since the holidays. But even when I am not reading, I am still thinking about you and Harper, and I quite enjoy reading your postings.
My absolute favorite posting is your letter to Harper on her first birthday. It brings tears to my eyes and makes me smile.
So, thank you for sharing your lives with all of us. It really does make me feel closer to you and your family, even though I am miles away.

Your Colorado, Lighthouse Friend,
Christine

Anonymous said...

It never occurred to me to actually post a comment on a blog...I know you CAN do it and I know other people DO, but I just never thought to do it. So....so you know that I DO read your blog (I've told you I have but how would you actually know?) I'm going to join the ever-swelling ranks of comments to the Kelsey-and-Harper blog the moment I hit SEND!

Thanks for sharing this with all of us. It's fun to watch Harper grow and to get to share in your triumphs and frustrations. And I never get tired of reading....I know someday you'll be a famous novelist and I'll be able to say, "yep, I read her first blog."

Take care.

Back to lurking :-)

Chris

Anonymous said...

Hey sunshine! Coming to work and finding the time to check up what you guys have been up to is one of my favorite things to do. And yes, I do have your site bookmarked so that I can get to it very quickly. I don't know how you manage to take so many pictures, upload them, and write updates so often. It's amazing. I wish i were home to be able to do this for my family too.

ok, this is not a place to write a novel...sorry.

I love keeping up with what you are doing and how Harper, Matt, and Rebound are too. The family picture from Christmas was great too. It's been so long since I've seen a lot of your aunts, uncles and cousins. Amazing!

Love you. Max and Dave say hi!

-Colleen (Go Bucky!)