Sunday, November 02, 2014

Working Girl

Back in August I posted something about a job interview. You've probably gathered by now (if you don't know me in person) that I did end up getting the job. I am working as the librarian at one of the middle schools in our district. Hooray!

We are now over a quarter of the way through our school year and I have two main thoughts:

1) This is a job that could actually work for my family in the long-term.

2) I am afraid I oversold myself in my interview and I'm not doing the job the way I hoped to be able to.

So, on one hand, I hope to be doing this job for a very long time. On the other hand, there is a corner of my brain that is afraid they won't have me back next year!

Starting tomorrow the library will be closed for a week so I can pack up all the books and other items to get ready for a renovation. I'll be moving, temporarily, into a classroom space while the library gets a 21st century update. Before and after pictures may be forth-coming.

There is much to say about all of this, but mostly I thought I'd share what I've been busy with lately.

I am going to make an attempt at NaBloPoMo. Two down, twenty-eight to go.

1 comment:

Jill said...

I love that my old NaBloPoMo friends are blogging again! Yeah!