Saturday, February 05, 2011

We Interrupt Your Weekend

Please excuse the brief change in blog appearance. I'm quite certain that many of you who read here do not care about football, but I do. And this weekend, my team, a team in which I actually own a share of stock, The Green Bay Packers, are playing in the Super Bowl. I am not ashamed to admit that I actually shed a couple of tears two weekends ago when the Packers won the NFC championship game and secured their spot in this Sunday's contest.

We always have my in-laws over for the Super Bowl and have the same meal each time: cheesy chicken casserole, bread, veggies. Everything aside from the veggies I will prepare ahead today because I fully intended to soak in the hours and hours of pre-game coverage that will air tomorrow. I'm sorry not to have been home in Wisconsin this week to catch all the local coverage as well.

If you've paid any attention to the weather this week, you'll see that Pittsburgh and Green Bay have brought northern winter weather to Dallas. Thoughtful of them, no?

The best part of Sunday is that everyone watching in our house will be rooting for the Packers with me - I hope to sit back and enjoy one heck of a victory.

If you are the type of person inclined to watch the Super Bowl, but don't really care which team wins, go ahead and root for the Packers - you won't regret it.

I'll try to post a picture or two of the kids in their Packer gear tomorrow - Go Pack Go!

2 comments:

Erin said...

I have to tell you, I've had a personal struggle over this year's superbowl match up. It feels contrary to my very SELF to cheer against the Packers. And yet. I have taken a vow to love, honor and cherish the Steelers (and my husband). It should be a fun game to watch! I know you'll be enjoying it.

Sara said...

Well, I am a Bengals fan, but that doesn't get me very far anymore! Bengals fans despise the Steelers, so I am rooting for the Packers tomorrow! Have fun!