Saturday, October 09, 2010

Just for Fun

Okay here are two things for you:

1) Shelf Discovery: The Teen Classics We Never Stopped Reading

This book was so much fun. I read everything I could get my hands on from about second grade on and this book brought back incredibly fond memories. It's worth checking out if you were reading young adult literature in the 70's and 80's.

2) Marcel the Shell with Shoes On

I thought that video was both adorable and hilarious. It is safe for your kiddos to watch with you. The first time Harper watched she wandered away after about a minute saying she didn't "get it" but has found subsequent viewings highly enjoyable.

You're welcome.

2 comments:

Rachel d said...

I knew you would like Shelf Discovery! I loved it.. only problem was that I then had to go dig out my copies of a buch of the books so I could re-read them, particulary the Madeline L'Engles. Still good stuff.

Christina said...

Requested the book from the library, and can't wait to read it! Thanks...I was looking for the next read.

Video was cute. I'll show the kids.