Saturday, February 20, 2010

A Day Late and a Dollar Short

Blah, blah, blah EAST COAST- it's been snowing here all month too! Now that we have had some sunny days and a bit of it is melting, I thought I would finally post some snow pictures.

Look! You can see where we live - oh, wait...


The snow makes Harper a little insane. Here she was "shoveling the yard with bucket." I really can't explain that.


The snow was too deep for Michael to walk in without falling over and losing his mittens so he preferred to "help" shovel. We took turns catching him before he shoveled the street.
Please notice his purple snow boots - I had procured some navy ones for cheap from a mom's sale but they were already too small. Fortunately we still had a pair of Harper's on a shelf by the back door. Note to self: good job not cleaning out the garage!


Here's a head-scratcher for you... Harper, who has outgrown multitudes of clothes and shoes since her third birthday, has been wearing the same snow boots for three winters. How is this possible? I'd like to think they're magic, but I've probably just had her in ridiculously over-sized boots for the last two winters.

2 comments:

CARRIE said...

I'm soooo guilty of buying stuff way oversized. Especially winter stuff. I just bought N a pair of size 14-16 snow pants. She wears a size 7-8. I used 2 pairs of her daddy's old ties to make suspenders. I'm sorry but those suckers, even on sale, cost $25. If we get no snow for a couple years, she will still be able to wear them on year 3.

Mommy Daisy said...

It has been crazy snowy this month. Love the kids photos. Glad that you're still around too. ;)