Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Gratitude

I need to start posting earlier in the day or all of these blog posts are going to be short and pathetic.

Boring as it may be I just wanted to say tonight that I am thankful for Matt.

I'm not feeling well and I have been an especially horrible cook/laundress/housekeeper lately and he has been very, very patient.

This is also a good time to point out that 95% of the time he gets Harper out of bed and gets her breakfast going in the morning so I can sleep for at least an extra half hour, and let me tell you, every minute counts.

Love you Matt!

6 comments:

Erin said...

Awww. Good job, Matt! I love that he gets up with Harper so you can sleep in a bit. It really is the little things that add up, you know?

Hope you feel better soon, sweetie.

Anonymous said...

You have the hardest job in the world but are our family's employee of the month evry month. I hope you feel better soon and don't worry I am just wearing the same underwear for three days straight to help eliminate some of the dirty laundry.

The Mom said...

Wow! Great husband, does he run a boot camp? I would pay big money!

tracy of 101 said...

Matt's awesome. And this is a great reminder to thank my own husband for all the great things he does for us.

Feel better! I love you.

ps: All morning, Ruth insisted we play her own version of "Madges Family Fun Time", in which I was Kelsey, she was Harper, and Martha was Michael. If I forgot the game, she would very impatiently correct me ("I'm HARPER, Mom.")

bluedaisy said...

It's good when the menfolk do those little things that are just so awesome! I've been blessed to sleep in a bit on the weekends and it has been GREAT- I am always grateful for some bonus sleep :)

Pam said...

What a lovely post!
I was stumped on posts too (so was Emily - must be a dry day), then my kid threw up on me and gave me writing material.
Yours is much nicer!