Monday, November 05, 2007

How Many Days Left in November?

Whew, I think my posting endurance wore down during the drought that was October. Here it is, only the fifth day of NaBloPoMo, and I'm feeling a little blop weary.

It's only 8:40 and I'm already thinking that bed is looking much better than cleaning up the million toys from Harper's play date this morning.

I am substitute teaching in the morning, for the first time in a very long time, probably almost a year. Though I am very confident in my teaching skills, I always feel a little nervous when I've been out of the classroom for a while. At least I am working my way back with a 1/2 day. Next week I'll be doing two full days. (All the people who work full time are totally laughing at me right now!)

Tonight I'll share some photos from Halloween Day, when Harper's friend Aaron came over for Halloween crafts. Sort of. They did sponge painting and made sandwich cookies by putting frosting between two sugar cookies. There was so much finger dipping and drooling into the frosting container that I threw the rest out when they were finished. Here's the problem with preschool arts and crafts. . . the set up and clean up last approximately 100x longer than the actual crafting. Those three-year-olds and their short attention spans! Kindergarten I could do, but I don't see preschool teaching in my future!







Okay, they used sponges and cookie cutters to paint with. They also made a cute craft by threading white yarn in and out of holes in dark paper plates to make spider webs. We attached spider buttons to the webs when they were finished. The final product was cute, but the process wasn't quite as fun to document as the painting! and the frosting!

2 comments:

Erin said...

I'm THE FIRST!

Oh man. Substitute teachers are the bravest people on the planet. I would rather be thrown behind the controls of a jet plane than behind the desk of a teacher who is gone from her class for the day. Whoo boy. You are BRAVE.

Mommy Daisy said...

Good luck subbing. Hopefully you'll have an easy class. I don't really miss subbing for now. I did it for 2 years. Yikes.

I love that you're so crafty. That looked like lots of fun.