Saturday, September 23, 2006

Post-Nap Surprise

With all the excitement over the new potty training development, I nearly forgot to post about the wonderful surprise I found upon going to retrieve Harper from her afternoon nap.


She was so excited that she actually started running in place in her crib. "Ah pu shoks on hans!" she cried. Clearly, Harper thought no one before her in the entire history of the world had ever come up with such an idea. This means only one thing. I must commence sock puppet shows immediately, as she has been painfully under-exposed to this true art form. Socks on hands indeed!


Not only was Harper thrilled to have her socks on her hands, she was also delighted to discover there were "ABCs" on the bottom of the socks.

Recently, Harper has become more aware of letters in her environment. No matter how many times I tell her, "Yes, those are let-ters," she persists in pointing to any string of letters and proclaiming, "ABCs!" Which I suppose will do for now. And I guess it's too early to expect her to differentiate letters from numbers. . . That'll give us something to shoot for on the way to birthday number three.

1 comment:

Giselle said...

How cute! Andrew has YET to take off his socks on his own...or any article of clothing. I think I'll be dressing and undressing him when he's twelve. Yikes.