Wednesday, August 30, 2006

A Week in Wisconsin: Thursday

Thursday we decided to head to the Betty Brinn Children's Museum in Milwaukee. Guess what Harper found there. . . More sand! Apparently sand was the theme for the week. The sand table inside was a little crowded, so we headed outside to play on the patio where Harper had a little sand box all to herself. She was in heaven. Eventually the pesky bees drove us inside.


Back inside the sand table was still pretty crowded so Harper decided she could check out some other elements of the room we were in.


She liked crawling through tunnels, but she loved running up and down a ramp even better.


I'll be we spent at least twenty minutes watching Harper go up and down. At first she slid down, then she got up the courage to walk, and finally run down the ramp. A few times she failed to appreciate the height difference between the end of the ramp and the mat at the bottom, so she ran down and promptly face-planted. Hee hee hee. I only laugh because she wasn't hurt at all. She did it three times in a row before she finally figured out that she needed to time her last step a little more precisely. These are the kinds of learning experiences I just can't provide for her at home.


Before leaving the museum, we headed outdoors to catch a view of the Milwaukee Art Museum and Lake Michigan. Harper wasn't actually all that interested, which turned out to be a good thing, because it started to downpour not long after we got in the car.


Thanks for a fun day Muga!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww sounds like such a fun week!! It's too bad I still don't work at Betty Brinn, otherwise I could have seen you...they definitely have a lot of sand!! I just moved back home for the month and then at the beginning of Oct I am moving to Denver to live with Michelle, yikes! Anyway, I'm glad you had a fun vacation in WI! It looks and sounds like Harper is exploring and enjoying life, she is quite a cutie :-)
Love, Megan

Erin said...

I LOVE these daily updates. Yay! I haven't had much time or energy for blogging lately, so getting to read yours has fulfilled all my blogging needs. How much do I love the hats you put on Harper when you are out in the sun? I love them very much indeed. She is SO cute and I am really reeeally excited to see her next week!!