Thursday, March 30, 2006

So Many Stories. . .

So little time! I'm really impressed with the working moms I know who "blog." I need to trim some activities out of my life (like watching TV - gasp!) because I just cannot get to everything I'd like in a day, or in a week for that matter. Sheesh! I'm waiting to see if I will be going back to school this summer. Some days it just seems like a silly dream, as I can't fathom how I will make it to class, and study, and sleep. It will be easier if I don't go full-time, but possibly free if I do go full-time. Oh well, worrying about it is putting the cart before the horse, I guess.

There are several things I have been meaning to post about. I've had several nights when I get on the computer and read my e-mail, read my favorite blogs, and then I'm tired and I don't want to type anything. . . wah wah wah. So I'm going to try to play catch up a little today and tomorrow. The next two weeks are going to be pretty busy, so there's no time like the present!

We had a really busy day today. Right now Harper should be napping. Unfortunately I think she's having the kind of sleepless high you'd get at about 2:30 a.m. at a sleepover. I can hear her playing in her crib and singing "e-i-e-i," but in her crib she'll stay, at least for a little while.

Harper pretty much eats her yogurt on her own in the mornings now. It is the part of breakfast when I usually clean out the dishwasher or attend to other little kitchen tasks. This morning Harper had some sort of projectile yogurt mishap. Poor girl. Did I reach for the cloth to clean it up? Nope! I laughed my butt off and then ran for the camera. Sorry kiddo, that's what you get for growing up in the digital age. I wonder if she's going to be really angry about this blog someday. . . By photo number three I think I might have hurt her feelings a bit. So I did put the camera down and clean her up.



Of course, I then ended up changing her clothes, because I had forgotten a bib this morning. Oops.

We spent most of the day with Nana and Dziatku. We all drove down to Milford together, to visit Great Nana in her new place. Harper was a huge hit at the assisted living facility. I didn't know if she would be afraid in the new place or not, but she did great. She even mooched some Cheeze-Its from a group of ladies playing cards. She looked at the fish. She walked the halls. And she was absolutely fascinated by a resident in a wheel chair. The walkers and canes didn't bother her at all. I think she enjoys being adored. We will definitely go back to visit soon. There are a couple of cats that live there too, but we didn't see them this visit. Even the fountain at the entrance was a treat, since it was such a beautiful day.

Not that I really need reminding, but we were reminded this week about how good Nana and Dziatku are to our family. I caught some random stomach bug yesterday. I'll spare the gory details, but let's just say I got about a third of a novel read while sitting on the commode. It wasn't pretty. Dziatku came to the rescue first by bringing me some Immodium and then Nana and Dziatku took Harper to their house and out to dinner with Daddy. This meant that I could sleep, sleep, not make dinner, and sleep some more. By this morning all the pipes were working again, but I don't know what I would have done without my wonderful in-laws!

No comments: