Saturday, November 16, 2013

37

Yesterday I turned 37 years old.

It was a quite birthday. Matt and I were actually supposed to take Harper to Columbus to celebrate her birthday, just the three of us. Unfortunately both Matt and Harper were feeling a little under the weather so we decided to postpone the trip.

Instead we got into our jammies and snuggled under several layers of blankets and watched two movies in a row. The first was Despicable Me and the second was The Princess Bride.

Despicable Me was Harper's choice. The Princess Bride was mine - and it was a first viewing for Harper and possibly for Matt as well. At least he doesn't remember seeing it... The Princess Bride is my absolute favorite movie.  Harper's verdict was that she liked it but had trouble understanding a lot of what they were saying. Was it the accents? The late 80's dialogue? Who knows. Matt felt it necessary to comment on the acting, which he found sub-par. (What?) Harper also though it looked like it was definitely an old movie...Matt might be a lost cause, but I bet it will grow on Harper as she gets older.

All-in-all it wasn't a bad way to spend my birthday.

1 comment:

bluedaisy said...

Glad you enjoyed your birthday even though plans did not go as anticipated :) I have been behind on everyone's posts so even though I know I said in on FB...Happy Birthday :)