Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Good Things, Bad Things

Bad thing:
Harper woke up a little after 5 a.m. with a headache and a fever. She got some Motrin and went back to sleep for a bit. She wasn't feeling well this morning, but perked up by the evening/afternoon. I think it was just a mild reaction to all the shots and not the beginning of another illness. We'll see what tomorrow brings.

Bad thing:
I'm totally not prepared for the birthday party we're having this weekend. Harper's first "friend " party. What was I thinking??? Are stickers, a mini playdough container, a plastic ring, a glitter pen, and pouch of Tinkerbell fruit snacks sufficient for a goody bag?

Bad thing:
The portrait studio we use normally has their holiday cards discounted 50% in November; this year it's only 20%. Boo!

Good thing:
I managed to snap a couple of cute holiday shots of the kids tonight and ordered our holiday cards on Shutterfly for about 1/2 the cost of the portrait studio. They aren't professional, but I think they came out well.

Good thing:
Matt is off work because of the holiday tomorrow, so I have a mommy coffee date schedule while Harper is at school.

Good thing:
We have a HUGE surprise planned for Harper's birthday present this year. HUGE! And I'm practically bursting with the excitement. Since it isn't a surprise for you guys I think I might be able to share it here before Harper knows about it. Maybe. It probably won't be as exciting for you as it is for me, but still, any guesses?

Rebound's Bad thing:


(He doesn't like the Santa hat!)

4 comments:

Swistle said...

That's a great goodie bag! And I empathize: I've only done 2 friend parties for the kids, both small-scale and manageable and yet I STILL pretty much peed my pants with anxiety beforehand. (They both went fine.)

Jill said...

The goodie bag is fine. I think they're way over rated. Is it a bike? Her present. Also, do we get a sneak peak of the pic?

CARRIE said...

I stressed over N's first friend party until I realized that the kids totally don't care what they do as long as they can play something. Their standards are really quite low. The gift bags sound ample!! Don't stress.

Pam said...

Hope she feels better.Goody bag sounds fine.
Big surprise - mmmm, your extended family is coming to see her?