Friday, November 03, 2006

What It's Like

Living with a toddler that is.

Last night was a beautiful example. After her nap I was changing Harper's diaper and putting shoes back on her. I asked (sometimes a big mistake) if she wanted her tennis shoes. She said, "No sank you." Then I asked which shoes she wanted. She pointed at her dresser and said, "Ook in dewar (drawer)!" So I opened the drawer for her, she picked out the ones she wanted and couldn't be persuaded to change her mind (not a surprise). For the rest of the evening, Harper went everywhere sporting this footwear:



Yes, socks with sandals, not to mention the fact that it was about 35 degrees outside. I guess I'll need to make a raid and remove the inappropriate footwear from her drawer. Or just limit the amount of choice I give her. I have already learned not to say, "You pick," and then fail to go along with the result!

And now, a confession. . . Someone out there decided to make this National Blog Posting Month (or something to that effect). You could actually sign up, which I failed to do, but the idea is that you post something every single day in the month of November. This was created as some kind of "reasonable" answer to National Novel Writing Month, which might be a good idea if you have no job, kids, or anything else resembling responsibility. I thought I would throw my hat in the ring and see if I can post something every day this month; we'll see how it goes. Perhaps I shouldn't have mentioned that until the end of the month, when people would be wondering why the sudden consistency. Hopefully Harper will give me enough material!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure Harper will give you plenty of material, but don't worry, I don't think anyone will hold it against you if you can't make it everyday. But if you do, we will thoroughly enjoy it!
I also want to add my kudos to you for making Harper's adorable Halloween costume. I'm super impressed!
-Christine

Megan said...

Just wanted to say looks like Harper had a great Halloween!!! She looks like she loved her cat costume. Great pumpkin carving by the way...especially for not having carved in such a long time.

Hope all is well!!

-Megan