Tuesday, March 04, 2008

31 Weeks

Today I am 31 weeks pregnant and the nurse was so excited she wrote it on the little white board in my room today.

Had some contractions last night/early this morning - which had me kind of freaking out and feeling ready to call Matt at any moment and tell him to get over here. However the nurse did not think I was actually in labor and they gave me something to ease the discomfort; something that wouldn't stop real labor, but as the nurse pointed out there is no reason for me to be in pain if it isn't get us anywhere. Things have calmed some and now I feel a little like the boy who cried wolf. We are back to waiting and seeing.

I've also had more IV fun. The one from Sunday evening didn't even last 24 hours before it started to look like it might be getting infected. It was so disheartening to have to have that one yanked and start all over, but it was painful so it had to go. My regular nurse tried once to get another one started before calling a nurse from IV therapy, who managed on the third try. So, for those of you keeping track, the IV site is now on the inside of my right wrist. It's the sixth place I've had one! I think the most frustrating part of it is that it largely isn't serving any purpose, it just has to be there just in case. Although when I was having contractions this morning, they did give me a liter of fluid. So there you go.

Now let's play good news/bad news.

Good news: I did receive my absentee ballot yesterday, just in time! My brother is actually here right now to pick it up and take it to our county board of elections this afternoon. Voting is good! Go do it! (If you have an election today.)

Bad news: Brett Favre retired. Gasp! Wail! Although I have to say, given my current circumstances, I'm a little like, "Eh, it's just football." Oh I know, that's like blasphemy, and I'm sure I'll be truly upset at some point in the future, but for today, it's not the end of my world.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Glad those contractions settled down. And very sorry about the IV thing- I HATE IVs with a passion. So painful and annoying.

Hillary or Ryan said...

Brett Favre will be missed here in Wisconsin. All of the staff and students are talking about it today. I have some students that are very upset. The Green Bay Packers are important here in WI. And it's one of the only forms of entertainment in the winter. And may I also add that we have had 86+ inches of snow this winter!!! And we're suppose to get more this week. It's March already! Kelsey, no wonder your mother has spent so much time with you this spring! :)

Jen said...

Congrats on making it to 31 weeks!

Kate said...

Hooray!! 31 weeks is wonderful. Thinking of naming this one Brett?

Mommy Daisy said...

31 suddenly seems like a great lucky number.

Too bad Brett Favre is done. He will be missed.

I'm so happy you got your ballot today. I've been hoping it would come in time for you.

What a mess you've had with the IV's. I remember my son having problems with keeping one more than a few hours when he was in the NICU. Every time we went to see him he had new prick spots where they tried to put one or recently pulled one out. Yuck.