Saturday, November 26, 2011

We Made It

We are back in Ohio and, in some sort of Thanksgiving miracle, when we got to Urgent Care we were the only ones in the waiting room!

It still took an hour and a half (with bonus chest x-rays) for the doctor to determine that Michael is most likely coming down with pneumonia. I am not generally a fan of throwing antibiotics at a situation if not absolutely necessary - but the doctor said if he was coming down with pneumonia and we left it untreated it could get worse quickly. Given that we only slept two hours or less at a stretch last night, I was not terribly interested in worse.

For now Michael is sleeping peacefully. We've got instructions to keep him calm/restful for the next two days.

I will try keeping him glued to the couch with Christmas movies and books for the next 48 hours. Not such a bad sentence.


Heather said...

I'll be praying for a restful few days and a quick recovery!

Pam said...

I'll be thinking of you and hoping for a speedy recovery!

Swistle said...

Oh, how wonderful that you caught it early! Pneumonia is a scary thing and nothing to mess around with. My mom is susceptible to it and often ends up with several rounds of antibiotics and steroids because she lets it go too long.

CARRIE said...

Oh dear! Yes, I'd have taken the antibiotic script quickly and with a smile on my face. Poor little guy. Take it easy!

bluedaisy said...

Glad you made it back safe and sound. Hope Michael is feeling better soon!