Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Thank Goodness They Aren't Babies

We made the trek to Wisconsin today, where we will spend Thanksgiving with my extended family.

Despite the very persistent and enthusiastic rain we dealt with for most of the trip we got to Wisconsin (from Ohio) in just over seven hours. Two main things helped make the trip quick:

1) The kids can eat dinner in the car.

2) We only stopped twice. (Once for food and bathroom, then one more bathroom trip.)

I remember when Harper was a baby and these trips home involved many stops for feeding. Often Matt would go in and eat somewhere while I sat in the car and fed the baby. Then he'd get me food to go and I'd eat in the car. Our stops rarely lasted less than half an hour and we couldn't get home without several of them.

There were plenty of less than pleasant things about the drive - but really it just means the children were arguing in the back seat, rather than around the kitchen table. That's life.

This traveling thing is SO MUCH EASIER than it used to be. For that I am very thankful.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Glad the trip went well and you arrived safely. Hope you have a great Thanksgiving with the family!

Pam said...

Glad you arrived safe. You have given me hope that perhaps I too can have road trips that are not nightmares from hell. :-)
Happy Thanksgiving!