Monday, November 03, 2008

Long Walks on the Beach

You guys ask great questions! Although now I feel a little like we've been set up on a blind date and I'm trying to provide background information without talking too much or giving so much information that there will be nothing for us to talk about later. Go ahead and keep the questions coming, if you have more, it's not as though I won't be blogging after November. I think I'll stick to simple questions tonight, because I'm so incredibly keyed up about this election that I'm having trouble concentrating on anything.

I needn't have worried about the interview I did at my grad school today. It turned out to be a little bit of a let-down. In my nervousness I had actually prepared by reviewing my comprehensive project and looking over the program standards and assessments. I was imagining some kind of formal panel asking very direct and specific questions about my program. Instead it was one gentleman who was rather causally asking things like, "Would you recommend this program to someone?" This scenario is a good representation of most of my academic career - I never felt I had prepared or studied or worked enough and then I usually wound up being just fine.

Swistle asked what colors I like. . . My favorite color is purple, without a doubt, but I only choose purple for specific things. For example I like purple pens, markers, paper, stickers, etc. I have a purple clip board. I like purple clothes on Harper. I enjoy the occasional purple accessory (although, truth be told, I'm not much of an accessory person). But I rarely wear purple and I rarely decorate with purple. If I ever had my own home-office, a room that was really only for me, I might make some part of it purple. For home decorating colors I lean toward sagey greens and blues and beige tones. I always feel happy when I see other people have chosen purple for wearing or decorating. There is a cottage-looking purple home in a neighborhood not far from here and I love driving past it. I would probably choose a purple theme for this blog, if one existed, but I'm too lazy to change the colors one by one to make it purple.

And now for a couple of gentle reminders:

1) Don't forget to vote tomorrow!

2) There's still plenty of time to enter the new pay it forward contest!

1 comment:

Swistle said...

Oh, that is SO NEAT! I would NOT have guessed purple!