A while ago Emily tagged me for a meme, requesting I list six habits. Oddly enough, I have been mulling this over in my mind and I can only come up with bad ones, or perhaps some that are neutral. I failed to think of a single habit that would have anyone impressed with my character.
Here are some of the first that came to mind:
1. I leave lights on. I don't mean to, but I tend to move from room to room in the house, and I want my way to be lit, especially in winter. I am trying to do better in this arena -- it drives Matt crazy.
2. I buy birthday cards ahead of time and then mail them late nine times out of ten. Better late than never, right?
3. I am not a morning person and rarely get up without hitting snooze at least once (Matt's laughing now because he's sure I meant to write once every ten minutes for an hour.); I think this comes from not having to be anywhere in the morning 90% of the time. I will do better tomorrow when I have to go sub again.
4. When I start reading a book it generally takes me an excruciatingly long time to get past the first 50-100 pages. After that I'm usually obsessed and will read it even when I should be doing other things.
5. I never remember to water the plants until they are flopping over the side of the pots, inches from death. I'm so relieved when they perk back up.
6. I have a hard time seeing laundry through from beginning to end. I put a load in the washer, get it in the dryer if I'm lucky, and remember it's down there two days later when I have a dryer full of cool wrinkled clothes. Then they sit upstairs in the basket for another day. By the time the clothes are put away, it's time to do laundry again. No wonder it seems like a never-ending process. Someday we will move into a house with a first-floor laundry, or we will remodel this house to have one. You can start sending me lottery tickets now.
Gee, after all that, aren't you glad you don't live with me????