Sunday, November 04, 2007

Halloween Photos, At Last


Finally, Halloween photos!


Let me begin by saying, especially as I finished up my school work, I was very grateful to have a hand-me-down Halloween costume at the ready. But I do feel as though Harper's Halloween costumes have gone down hill since the first one* I made "from scratch." By next year I'll be sending her out in a garbage bag.


A couple of people have asked me how we handle Halloween, because so much of the candy is unsafe. I do feel a comfort in the fact that things are all wrapped up, so I don't consider her entire bag contaminated if there's a Snickers bar in there.


Matt took her trick-or-treating this year. When they returned, we spread Harper's stash out on the kitchen table and pulled out the treats that weren't safe for her. Which were relatively few, because the people we know made sure to have something safe for her bag. We counted twelve pieces of candy she couldn't keep, and they we let her pick twelve out of our safe bowl. She's never had a peanut butter cup (obviously) so she doesn't know what she's missing. Harper was perfectly happy to exchange her goodies for our Smartees and Skittles.


(Harper and our Neighbor, Gracie)

When Harper went to Nana and Dziatku's house, there was a bowl of treats to pick from and do you know what she choose first? An orange!

When she got home from trick-or-treat, after the great candy exchange, we let Harper choose one thing to eat. Her pick? A juice box!

*Looking back at that first Halloween post makes me laugh. I obviously hadn't learned anything about formatting a post in blogger yet. I was a brand new blogger then. Last month was this blog's 2 year anniversary and I didn't even recognize it!

5 comments:

Mommy Daisy said...

Aww, she's the cutest bug ever! And an orange! Awesome! Love that kid.

Jill said...

both so cute costumes from your homemade to hand me down

Erin said...

ARG! CUTENESS! I'm CHOKING on CUTENESS!

Also, how has it been two years since the doggie costume? How? I am sure I just read that post, like, last month. Wow, I am sounding really old.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the ladybug outfit. Her auntie Shannon could not be prouder. I wish they made one that fit me. I don't know how it is possible but she gets cuter every year.

MamaK said...

Okay- 1st = poodle; 2nd = cat; 3rd = ladybug... and 4th??? with a brother that opens up connected costumes?? And you say you have an aversion to the holiday?! I'm much impressed with ALL the costumes and related activity fun. way to put the children first :)

ps- can we suggest ideas for this year? I've got good last minute, not expensive ideas. Or you can hit Old Navy- apparently they have child costumes for about $12 ( I just learned this crusing the net for inspiration!!)