Friday, October 20, 2006

Happy Birthday Midwest Mom!

Today this blog is one year old. I didn't bake it a cake, but I do feel like a little celebrating is in order. It also happens to be the 150th post. 150 pieces of our life, out on the Internet, for your reading and viewing enjoyment.


A couple of weeks ago, I asked people to let me know what some of their favorite entries have been. Through comments, email responses, and conversations, I have put together a sort of blog highlight reel. If you've missed anything, this might help you catch up. Just click and read:

1) the first post

2) a culinary adventure

3) oatmeal art

4) 9/11 thoughts

5) Daddy time

6) first steps

7) track and field

8) Dr. Seuss

9) first birthday letter

Who knows where we'll be next year at this time. . . I promise to document the journey.

6 comments:

Erin said...

Happy Birthday, Mdwestmom! If you can take it, let me be sincere for a moment.

Over the past year of reading your blog, I have felt more connected to you and involved in your life as I have since we lived under the same roof. Thanks for taking the time to do this, Kels. The virtual connection to you world is one of my most treasured everyday happenings.

Anonymous said...

I look forward to enjoying many more fabulously adorable Hammy moments for years to come! - Kristin

Laura said...

Kelsey -
Congratulations on your blog's first birthday ! I have been trying to keep up with Harper from time to time on my lunch hour and have enjoyed your posts very much. You are an excellent writer and I loved the links to your most notorious entries. I truly believe that you may have some of unidentified genetic connection to the real Dr. Suess ! What an amazing job you do and a great keepsake for your beautiful daughter !
Keep up the great stories that entertain so many !

- Laura (Elaina's mom !)

Anonymous said...

I forgot about the Dr. Seuss post! That's definitely one of my favorites. Thanks for the highlights, and for all the great posts throughout the year. I'm looking forward to another year of wonderful pictures and stories!
-Christine

Anonymous said...

Hi, it's been a while but I've been keeping up! It's hard to do much of anything during the Big Ten season...but I always find time to keep up with you, matt, harper, and rebound. It's also good to find out what i can expect from max in the months to come!

Love the blog and so glad there are people out there like you that have the patience to keep posting all the time! Not to mention all the pictures!

Love you,
Goobs

Anonymous said...

Kelsey- its been so long since i looked through your blog...harper has gotten so big and oh is she beautiful! When you get the chance- drop me and eamil w/ your number as i lost my phone and would love to catch up.
Harper looks like one happy kid!

love, tasha