Friday, July 25, 2008

How Do I Compare?

There are a couple of reasons I haven't posted comparison photos of the kids yet. I don't think they look strikingly similar as babies, I'd probably be more motivated if they did. I spent a long time debating whether I should compare them by their actual ages, or if I should use Michael's adjusted age. I finally decided on adjusted age because at this point, if I use Harper's 4 1/2 month pictures, she's in a totally different phase than where Michael is right now. So I decided to go for adjusted age. When I look at these pictures together I'm not blown away by the similarities, but I'd believe you if you told me they were related - even if I didn't have the scars to prove it.

Harper at 2 months, 14 days:


Michael at 2 months, 20 days (adjusted age):


What do you think?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I definitely see it in their eyes! They are both so cute!

Kelli (from pa.com)

JM said...

I totally agree... I saw it in the eyes right away too.

Uncle Jamie

Swistle said...

Before I read anything, my eye skipped straight to the photos. I saw the first one, assumed it was Michael, and thought, "Oh my goodness! I hadn't realized how much Michael looks like Harper!" Then I read, and found it WAS Harper.

I do think they look like siblings. Also: Michael has a dimple? OH NO! TOO MUCH CUTE!

Jill said...

def. related, but he will have his own distinct look, that's for sure. how cute!

Giselle said...

Oh heavens...I could just eat up your babies. And not in a bad way, they are just so cute I want to squeeze them. I think Michael's head may be the most perfect shape...and that dimple...

You should have AT LEAST 2 more children...just to grace us with their cuteness.

Astarte said...

Um, I think they look A LOT alike. they have the same nose and eyes, and I think in this photo even their mouths look similar (except the cutie baby has no dimple). But, it's only one photo, so I could be totally off. :)

Erin said...

They looks SO MUCH ALIKE! It's interesting because I think Moms don't see it as much. You see them as so different, because you think of them-- more than anyone-- as separate people. But they DO look so much alike, and SO MUCH like Matt!

Emily said...

so cute! and yes, definitely they look alike. I have trouble seeing it in my kids, too, and I think it's even harder when they are of the girl/boy combo. You just look at them differently, even as babies.

Cam said...

I agree with Erin. I think they look alike, and like Matt.