Here, in no particular order, are things I feel like I should be better at by this point in my life:
1. Checking to make sure I have all the ingredients I need before I'm four steps deep into cooking/baking something.
3. Frosting a cake.
4. Wrapping presents with wrinkle free results.
5. Wanting to eat/liking fruits and vegetables.
6. Planning ahead for events like the kids' birthday parties.
7. Formulating comments ahead of time so I don't spend a good 30 seconds blathering incoherently when I call somewhere to ask a question - particularly if I'm calling the pediatrician or the kids' schools.
8. Time management.
9. Keeping my emotions in check.
10. Prioritizing (see # 8).
11. Making pork chops without setting off the fire alarm.
12. Not losing my temper (see #9).
13. Keeping the house clean.
14. Waking up to my alarm. (Sorry, honey!)
Many of the above are things I feel like my mom is really good at and I thought would sort of come naturally once I turned 18 or maybe 25. No dice.
Were there things that, when you were little, you assumed you'd be good at when you grew up? Are you?