So back on Tuesday, when I was tearing my hair out, one of the things frustrating me was that a child had once again gotten into Vaseline and it was all over some clothing. At least this time I wasn't getting a full tub out of a child's hair...
Here's how I got Vaseline out of various types of clothing:
1) Use plastic knife or flat edged scraper to remove as much Vaseline as possible.
2) Saturate fabric with Dawn dish soap, scrub into clothing (I used the same technique/motion I'd use with a stain remover).
3) Soak heavily-Dawned clothes in cool water for a while. (I didn't have the patience for overnight, but they soaked most of the day.)
4) Rinse and ring out clothing. (I used a LOT of Dawn and I was worried about that much of it going in the washer.)
5) Wash as usual. Check for residue, then dry.
Viola - no Vaseline stains on the clothes!
I don't think I've written yet that Michael refers to night time as "dark time." I am afraid this will either change or cause significant problems once the days get longer. For now I find it completely adorable. Here's an example - if I'm going out in the evening he'll ask when I'll be back. If I tell him that I'll be home while he's in bed he'll say, "Oh, you come back at dark time?" Or if I try to get him in his p.j.s early he'll say, "No! It not dark time yet!"