Tuesday, April 01, 2008

No April Fool

Okay, first of all, I really can't say enough thanks for all the supportive comments, emails and cards/letters I/we have been getting about everything we're going through. I cannot fathom getting through this time without feeling that net of support, both from our nearby friends and family and those who are cheering us on from far away. I am having a terrible time responding appropriately right now, but know that all your words really are helping and are so appreciated.
The best promise I can make is that I will remember how all your reaching out helped us through and I will look for opportunities to "pay it forward."

I think our whole family is a little on edge because I'm having a difficult time right now. I mean we are all having a difficult time, but my difficult time seems to manifest itself in crying jags that last 20 out of 24 hours a day. I think I'm okay, I'm just a crier, and this is hard, so I'm crying even more than usual. I expect it to level out within two months of Michael's homecoming; either that or I'll need to be treated for dehydration.

*****
Here are some pictures of Harper showcasing her best Easter egg. This was the first year we dyed eggs and I'm really sorry we didn't have the camera handy because the look of sheer wonder on her face when she dropped the tablet into the lemon juice and watched the color change. . . it was one of those truly magical moments. Her favorite part was dying the last egg, when we just let her switch it from one color to another and eventually followed her directions to pour the colors together.

I took these photos before she ate that special egg, it seemed like it deserved recording.




(Harper was trying to do all these weird poses for the egg picture. . . she's getting to that age where some of the cute gets lost in her own strange ideas about what she's trying to look like!)

Unfortunately, a few minutes into the eating of said egg, Harper got up to use the bathroom and Rebound finished it off. Harper was sad, but then agreed to eat a nearly-as-lovely pink egg. She told me that next year, when we make all the beautiful eggs, we'd have to send Rebound to the pound until we were finished eating them. She takes her eggs very seriously.

*****

I hadn't posted a new picture of Michael in a while, so I took one today while I was holding him. He looks huge to me! He broke the 5 pound barrier today, weighing 5 lbs., 1/4 oz. this morning. That means he's gained nearly a pound in the last three weeks. He'll be a giant before we know it.

8 comments:

Liz said...

awww..look at his little smile. too cute. harper is adorable. the things that come out of her mouth crack me up. :) you will feel better soon, i know you are under a lot of stress and anxiety right now but remember some of it is the crazy hormones of post pregnancy. this too shall pass and the light is very bright at the end of the tunnel. just take it a day at a time. i'm thinking of you and cheering you on from afar!!

Giselle said...

No wires! No tubes! Gassy smile! It looks like Michael is doing very well...good boy.

I think you are doing quite well considering the circumstances and the post-birth hormones. After each of my children I cried LOTS every day...and I'm not a crier. I can't imagine being under your stress... Drink lots of water!

Hillary or Ryan said...

Both Harper and Michael look wonderful. I love the "Rebound will go to the pound while we eat the eggs" comment. She is such a stitch! Michael looks enormous. He is REALLY getting bigger. I love you tons. Take care of yourself.

Jill said...

i'll be thrilled to pass on the news to my hubby. we're both a little under the weather, he got up before his alarm and e-mailed in sick. i kept coughing and knew i'd wake him so i got on up after an hour or so..

we're both still thinking about you and hoping you're feeling better and M is doing better.

Swistle said...

He is SO CUTE!

I think a lot of crying makes sense. Drink plenty of fluids! I suggest hot chocolate.

I feel like the only thing to say is "hang in there!" but that IS how I imagine it: you, literally hanging on, dangling as you wait for things to improve, which they WILL.

Mommy Daisy said...

Harper looks so happy with her egg. We haven't attempted that yet, maybe next year.

The story about sending Rebound to the pound is funny. I dropped my dog off at the groomer today, and Zachariah cried when we left because Chip wasn't coming with us. I think he thought we were getting rid of the dog. Poor guy. I really had to convince him that we'd get him back later.

Michael is adroable. And I can see he's getting bigger (and older). He's so sweet.

Erin said...

They are both beautiful and perfect. LOVE the photos.

Don't worry about the crying. Just let it be. Cry, sister, cry. It's the only reasonable response to what you're going through.

But then also remember: FIVE POUNDS! That's awesome! And is he having one of those gassy smiles in that photo? Because that's just a little glimpse into what you'll be seeing all the time in another 12 weeks. Which will be here before you know it.

Megan said...

Michael is so precious, look at that smile!!! Been thinking of and praying for you daily. I totally forgot until I saw Harper with her eggs that this is the first year I didn't dye Easter Eggs :( I'm glad she thoroughly enjoyed it though and took it seriously. Best part of Easter, by far!

Take good care, and hang in there. I can't imagine what you are going through but know that everything will be alright, just a little more adjusting to do but it is going to be okay. Michael is so lucky to have you and it's only going to get better from here on out.

Also, I LOVED that Harper quit being a big sister!!! I wonder how I never thought of that, it's such an obvious answer to the problem!

Love, Megan :)