Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Harper Was There, Too

I wasn't the only one who enjoyed the day at the arboretum. Harper had a pretty good time herself. She liked seeing the flowers, turtles, and coy fish in the ponds. She liked walking up and down on the bridges and high-stepping in the grass. But what did Harper enjoy most about our day there? The gravel. She was especially perplexed by the paved paths. She could see the little tiny stones, but, darn it, couldn't pick them up.


She sure tried!

Eventually we found one large rock that Harper could carry around. When I was ready to move faster, I plopped her back in the stroller and she banged away on the tray, happy as could be. As long I let her hold the rock, she even deigned to sit still and be photographed amid the spring splendor.



Awwwww. . .

So, if you're keeping track, Harper likes animals and slides. But she loves dirt, mulch, wood chips, and rocks of all sizes. Maybe I'm raising a landscape architect? Geologist? Sculptor of natural materials? Stay tuned.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

These pictures are beautiful and Harper is looking as adorable as ever these days.

Erin said...

The picture of Harper trying to pick up the asphalt rocks made me laugh out loud. And I second Tracy's opinion: Harper is adorable. Looks like you two had a great day!

Anonymous said...

Kelsey...she's so damn cute I can hardly stand it!
She is much more adventurous than Max. He cried the first time we set him down on the grass! I'm sure he'll get better with more exposure.

Keep enjoying the outdoors. You can never have too much fresh air!

Love you,
Goobs