Inspired by Swistle, I am one of many participants in a group of Pay It Forward contests. Here's how it works:
1. I tell you about a prize.
2. You decided to enter the contest and leave a comment on this post, by the deadline.
3. I use a random number generator to select a winner.
4. I send the prize to the winner.
5. The winner sends a fun package to someone else.
For my prize, I'm going to put together a writerly package. It will include things like a fun/funky journal or notebook, pens, note cards, or other items along those lines. The winner of my Pay It Forward will be able to choose whether she'd like writerly items geared toward an adult or a child (the child's option, for one example, would likely include stickers).
To enter you must leave a comment on this post by Friday, July 4, at 4 p.m. EST. If you don't know what to say, how about leaving the name of a book you really love, or telling me if you've ever kept a journal.
I'll announce the winner sometime the following week, and, with any luck, I'll get the package mailed out before Christmas.
If I don't know you personally, make sure you leave an email address or blog link in your comment, that way I'll be able to let you know you've won!