Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Gasp!

I can't believe I haven't posted in nearly two weeks. Oops!

We are fine. We are on "vacation" in Wisconsin this week and getting here was one of the worst drives we've EVER had.

Michael is awake more and completely discontent unless he's being snuggled or fed. Even with extra adults around to help, this is not conducive to getting anything accomplished, especially with a three-year-old who requires a little attention now and again.

I kept thinking I would be able to catch up a little this week but limited computer access has turned that plan on its head.

We are really enjoying our time with my family, who we don't see often enough. My dad is headed out of town for the next two days. He was telling Harper that he'd be in Detroit for work and she said, "You get a one day vacation from the house, how special for you!"

My sister told Harper she would sleep over here tomorrow night and Harper said, "That's because I'm totally old enough to have a sleepover!"

Harper has been entertaining and maddening this trip. She alternating between cute and funny and downright awful. She told my dad she likes coming here because she is the boss in this house. Ha!

My sweet mother is sitting on the couch right now, holding the pacifier that Michael wants but cannot reliably keep in his mouth. So I am typing on borrowed time.

So this random post with little substance is mostly to let you know we haven't dropped off the face of the planet. I hope to be back soon with regular posts and pictures. Kisses to you, Internet!

4 comments:

Swistle said...

I LOVE the 3s for the TALKING. It is SO FUNNY.

Emily said...

Oh, no!!! (about the drive) We leave tomorrow and I'm so worried. Ugh. Hang in there!

Erin said...

IT GETS EASIER. It does. Though I can't speak to the 3's stuff. Sorry it's been tough. We MISS you, love!

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your vacation! And I hear you about the baby only being happy if held or snuggled (and in my case, FED! With a full belly! OMG!)

Been thinking about you. Hope all is well. Besides the drive to and from Wisconsin, that is :-)