Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Much to Celebrate

A) Harper recovered from her stomach flu, despite a difficult next day in which she wasn't allowed to eat much at a time, or much at all, per doctor's orders. This involved a lot of her crying and screaming, "ma mo pease!" (one more please!) in fits of icky-flu feeling frustration. Fortunately we are all better now, and no adults were struck down. . .this time.

B) I FINISHED MY FIRST QUARTER OF GRADUATE SCHOOL TODAY! (Sorry for shouting at you.) This means that I successfully completed my research paper, presentation PowerPoint, handout, and had the technology work for me to present this afternoon, which I did without throwing up or making a terribly large fool of myself (I hope). I have three school-free weeks now before we start all over again in September.

C) Matt and I have a most-expenses-paid getaway to Cincinnati this weekend, during which we will relax, eat well, and just generally enjoy each other's company. This is part of some raffle/contest he won at work. We even get to have a couple's massage, which will make me feel like I'm on The Bachelor, but I won't be worried about whether they guy will keep me around after the date.

D) Harper is having her first friend over to play tomorrow. Dana, or "Deedah!" according to Harper, will come over to play for a couple of hours in the morning and then have lunch with us. I think it will be fun for the girls, I'm just hoping they won't gang up on me.


There's a lot of pressure when it comes to entertaining one-year-olds you know. Do we have enough crayons? Is our juice an acceptable flavor? Will the girls repeatedly seek out toys that there are only one of? How will the dog react to be confined so as not to knock over the company? Since I don't have to do school work tomorrow, I may even get on the computer again and let you know how it goes. This will be our first play date with two girls and only one mom. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Harper,

Trust Grandpa the Packers will win at least 8 games this year. I would never lie to you!!

Love,

Grandpa