Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Did I Mention?

As usual, when there is a lot going on, I completely fail to post. Even though we've had three very eventful weekends in a row and I have tons of fun pictures to share, I've not managed to transfer any of it to the computer. We've got one more crazy weekend before things settle down (sort of) for another couple of weeks. This summer is absolutely flying by...

I don't know about you but I always have a bunch of posts in the back of my head, or sometimes listed in a notebook somewhere, that I intend to write but never quite get around to - well one that I've been sitting on for almost two years has to do with this picture:


That's a photo of my younger brother (by nearly nine years!), Jamie, and his fiance, Molly. The picture was taken two years ago - I think on the very day they got engaged, though my memory is a little fuzzy on that. 

So yes, I have been meaning to write about this for nearly two years, but I'm finally getting around to it because the wedding is this weekend! My little brother is getting married this weekend, which is sort of equal parts weird and wonderful.

We love Molly - from the very beginning it was easy to see that she was a good fit for our family. We really could not ask for a sweeter, kinder, sister to add to our bunch. She's also funny and smart and a very good match for my kind, funny, smart kid-brother. 

Congratulations to Jamie and Molly! Surely I'll have pictures to post, and more thoughts as well, after this weekend. Especially since Harper is going to be a flower girl (wish us luck!).

5 comments:

JM said...

That was at least the day after our engagement since we didn't drive to meet everyone until the next day. If I had to guess, that picture was taken July 18, 2009 ;-)

Anonymous said...

OMG... Jamie is getting married?! I'm not sure how this snuck by me... wow! Well, please send him my well wishes. I'll never forget the fateful weekend he came to visit our senior year the weekend that our bathroom door was stolen by the moeller boys... priceless. I can't believe he's all grown up! ~Jeakle

Swistle said...

It's such a joy/relief when someone GOOD marries in! I remember when I first realized my brother could marry a totally intolerable person and I'd have NO CONTROL OVER THAT. Appalling! But he married someone I love so much I wish we could be real sisters, and SHE has a sister I ALSO love so much I wish we could be real sisters. So THAT worked out well!

bluedaisy said...

so exciting and can't wait to see pics of Harper as flower girl :) hope they get perfect weather for the big day :)

tracy said...

I hope you have a wonderful time at the wedding. Can't wait to see pictures!