Here are the rules:
Each player starts with 7 random facts/habits about themselves. People who are tagged need to write on their own blog about their seven things, as well as these rules. You need to choose 7 people to get tagged and list their names. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them that they have been tagged and to read your blog!The last time I "tagged" people I'm not sure if anyone actually did it; so I will amend the rules to say that if you want to do your own seven things you have my blessing. Leave a note in the comment section so we can come read more about you.
Here are my seven:
1) I have completed two marathons. Both seem like a lifetime ago. The first was a great experience and the second was horrible. It is something I would like to do again in this lifetime, but I'd be lucky to run a mile right now.
2) I was, for a time, on the crew (rowing) team in college.
(I'll bet you never knew I was so sporty!)
3) I played on my high school volleyball team and we were state runners-up my last year. There are three children in my family (2 girls, 1 boy) and we were all on the volleyball team in high school (not at the same time). All three of us played in the state finals for a chance at the championship, but only my sister's team actually won it. Which is kind of nice for her, it's her thing. She was also homecoming queen, but maybe she can put that in her seven if she ever starts a blog.
4) I was a summer camp counselor for six full summers at a YMCA camp in Wisconsin. I loved every moment of it, except maybe the time a camper's parents sent her to camp with head lice and I was one of the many unfortunate people who got it. That part wasn't much fun. I was actually a counselor, then craft director, then leadership training director. There were cabins, a lake, archery, horses, a pool, hiking trails, campfires. . . the real deal. It was seriously awesome.
5) I love Mountain Dew. It is probably my worst habit. I am far to old to be drinking anything with that much sugar. I had nearly given it up and then I started graduate school. Five more weeks and then I will pretty much be finished with that excuse. Then I'll have to kick the habit for good.
6) I will always have soft spot for pop music. Debbie Gibson was my first musical obsession. In college my musical obsession switched to Dar Williams and she's still a favorite to this day. I enjoy all kinds of music, but my favorite is singer/songwriter stuff that tells a good story. I blame it on all those campfires.
7) I love to read and write. And I will read just about anything. I read a steady mix of adult, young adult, and children's fiction. Since I'm getting a school library degree I can pretend all that reading is career related. I'm one of those people planning to go at midnight next Friday night/Saturday morning and get the final Harry Potter book. I've reread the first six in preparation (it was all HP, all the time in June). I have pre-ordered copies before, but this will be my first midnight pickup. If I thought Harper was even the slightest bit old enough to understand what was going on, I would take her with me.
Tag -- your turn.