Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Together Again!

Matt's basketball team lost their game this morning, which was unfortunate for them, but good for us because it meant that Matt got home tonight!!!!! In celebration, and because waiting in the house was driving me batty, and because it was beautiful out, I decided this would be a good day to introduce Harper to sidewalk chalk.


My mom and dad had given her some for Easter, but we hadn't had a chance to use it yet. It did not take Harper long to catch on to the concept. We had three ice cream cone-shaped pieces of sidewalk chalk. Once I'd demonstrated how it worked, Harper felt compelled to have all three pieces of chalk in hand at all times.


My little obsessive-compulsive child even took them with her when she periodically ran to the front walk to check on the ants. An activity she apparently enjoyed while my mom visited. She ran to the walk and said, "Muga. Oh. Bugs!" Then she stepped on one! I don't know if my mom taught her that. When she's a little older I will of course teach her the more acceptable attitude toward the tiniest of God's creatures, which is as follows:

We only kill the ones that come into our house.


Even the most dedicated chalk artist has to stop occasionally to admire her work, and, ahem, possibly fill her diaper.


Welcome home, Daddy!

No comments: