Sunday, March 07, 2010

The Boy

Oh, the boy, I don't mean to alarm any of you but someone with the initials MJM will be TWO YEARS OLD on Tuesday. I don't think I can explain what just happened to my heart and stomach as I typed that.

With my darling second-born I feel like I have taken better care to attend to the baby-ness as it flew by, but I still can't believe we got here so quickly.

I have learned the trick to bypassing the two-year-old "smile" (see below) is to just wait a few extra moments to snap the photo. This:


becomes this:


As we get ready to celebrate Michael's second birthday. I wanted to take a moment and remind all of you that he had a less than smooth entry into this world. It would take too many links to point you in the right direction, but you can go to the blog archives for February/March/April of the last two years if you need to learn/remember what we went through with our littlest.

Today Michael is happy and mostly healthy and quite a lot of that is due to the good work of the people at March of Dimes. To celebrate Michael's success I am once again walking in this year's March for Babies and I'd be honored if you'd consider supporting our team (Donation button to the right, no pressure!). Even if you can't support us financially - I know things are so difficult so many places right now - please keep us in mind for the next seven weeks as we fund-raise and prepare to walk.

If you're interested in helping raise money on Michael's behalf, please feel free to contact me and join our team. I haven't yet decided whether I'll be walking with the children this year (Last year that was nice in theory and a little sketchy in reality!) so I may be in the market for a walking partner as well...

Happy Oscar night everyone!

3 comments:

Hillary or Ryan said...

I love the book Michael is looking at in these pictures. Grady has a similar book and loves it! Such a boy thing! :)

Jill said...

Happy Birthday Michael (for Tuesday)!! You've come so far!! Hope you have a great day!! :)

Christina said...

I am so late, and thus just saying now a "Happy Birthday" to Michael. Sorry...it is has been crazy here (in a fine way). Hope all is well. Will you guys be around during spring break?