Thursday, December 20, 2007

Scaredy Cat

I have no idea where it came from at this point, but we have a giant cardboard tube (probably close to five feet long) that Harper enjoys setting up like a slide and passing various toys through for kicks. Today she held it completely vertically and, to our surprise, two pretzel twists fell out. Now we have often cautioned Harper not to eat food off the floor (more specifically, items that have been discovered days after they were originally served) saying that it might have germs on it. When I asked Harper to pick up the pretzels and throw them in the garbage, she refused to touch them, claiming she was afraid of "bug drips." I'm guessing bug drips = germs in Harper-logic?

*****

Tonight, when I was putting Harper back to bed, she suddenly piped up saying she didn't want Santa Claus to come to our house. She refused to give me a reason, but asked, and I quote, "Can you just cancel Christmas Eve?"

Something tells me she would regret that Christmas Morning.

3 comments:

Swistle said...

"Bug drips"--ha ha!

Heather said...

I bet she would change her mind pretty quickly on Christmas Day!!

Glad to read that there was no accident on Tuesday. I would have pulled over and cried too.

Just stumbled upon your blog. I have a 3 year old (July 2004) and a 5 year old (July 2002) and am having #3 in May also.

Jill said...

does she think she's been naughty? sorry you aren't feeling so nice. thinking about you at this joyous time of year.. hope you're feeling better! hope the stickers helped! merry christmas!