Sunday, May 21, 2006

T.G.I.F. (and Sunny!)

After many days of standing at our windows and looking out at this:

. . . the sun came out on Friday! And that was just the beginning of a glorious weekend.

Friday morning we went over to play at Andrea and Dana's house. After the girls had played for about an hour, we headed over to Fraze Pavilion. A local radio station was having a party there. We sat out near the fountains and enjoyed a cheap ($2!) and delicious lunch. Andrea's mom also met us there. A little girls' time out. Harper and Dana enjoyed their packed lunches and also had fun watching all the people, dogs, and geese that were everywhere. The fountains also proved to be very entertaining. Harper kept exclaiming, "Waa-waa!" (water), as though she was repeatedly surprised to see it shooting up in the air.


Of course, they had to check out each other's rides.


When Andrea and Dana headed home for Dana's nap, Harper and I took a few more minutes and walked up to the pond. There we saw more geese, ducks, and ducklings. When Harper started to nod her head in the stroller, I knew it was time for us to head home. I sang Elmo songs at the top of my lungs all the way home, so she wouldn't fall asleep in the car. Even a five minute snooze can totally ruin her afternoon nap, and that's no good for either of us!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that you & Harper have some playmates, and that you took full advantage of the beautiful weather. I know how long you have both been waiting for spring to come back! I miss you and wish I could have been there to join in the fun.

Anonymous said...

Whoops, kind of embarrassing to misspell your own name!! :)