Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Happy Day to Me

Apparently Matt tried to get Harper to draw a birthday picture for me, like the one I had her do for Auntie M. It sounds like she would only eat the crayons this time around, (don't worry, they're still non-toxic) so no birthday picture was had. She did give me a Disney DVD for the big day. I know it's ridiculous that I love those as much as I do (not all of them, but many), but what can I say? The heart wants what it wants. At least now I have a kid. Someday I hope she'll even watch them with me! And go see them in the theater. Then I won't have to explain to my mom why I chose Chicken Little (fun movie, by the way) as the movie to see during my birthday afternoon out with Matt. I can just say we're going because Harper likes it. And by the time she outgrows them, there may be another child to drag to G-rated movies. A perk of parenting, as far as I'm concerned. We'll revisit this topic when Harper starts wanting to watch the same Disney movie over and over, all the time, everyday. Perhaps I'll feel differently.

She also slept until 6:00 this morning and then played and dozed in bed with me while Matt got ready for work. I didn't actually have to put my feet on the floor until nearly 7:30. All in all, not a bad start.

Later, Harper and I will have dinner with Nana and Dziatku to do a little more celebrating. Matt's basketball team has a scrimmage tonight. But he spent all afternoon Saturday doing ridiculous things with me that he would never choose to do otherwise, so he's off the hook!

No comments: